HomeAbout MeMy DesignsCorrectionsContact Me

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Happy Thursday!

Hope everyone is having a great week!  Every year about this time, I get the urge to clean and organize.  I don't know what it is but...I have been cleaning eveything in sight!  I've been wanting to organize my sewing room/office so I have been working on it too.  I didn't get too far with it yesterday, but I will work on it again today.  I went over to Hobby Lobby to find some type of cabinet to organize my thread...I have quite a bit...don't you know!  My husband, who was trying to help me identify how large my cabinet should be said..."so how much thread can you haveanyway, that you need something large."  So I showed him... I've been collecting for awhile!  Since 1997...that's when I learned to stitch.  He should see my collection of linen!  I'll save that for another day!
I found these cute shelves at Target, a good way to display some small stuff. I am planning to add a couple more of these. I have some smalls that I would like to display and you can change your collections easily.  Although they are sturdy, I wouldn't want to put my collectables on them. 


My husband found this old sewing machine with cabinet.  I'm not really into sewing....although I did try my hand at quilting, but I prefer cross stitch.  I love the cabinet though and it also a good place to display things you collect.






Now here's the mess!  I have tried everything to organize these shelves.  Usually there are more baskets...but I take them off to sort thread, or whatever else I need to do and then I do not return them!  I also have another set of wooden shelves with baskets...you know, they look so cute in magazines, but they are not very effective.




Most precious of all though, is my helper, Coco.
She's very patient and sits on the rugs while I sort through my stuff!

Monday, I took both of my new designs to the framer, so I am hoping that at least one of them will be ready to release next week.  Several weeks ago, I put together a Christmas design, but just didn't have the time to stitch it.  I sat down last weekend and started to work on it and before I knew it, it was almost stitched.  So I put my self in high gear and finished it by Sunday night.  It is a small sampler, titled, Christmas House Sampler.

Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment