HomeAbout MeMy DesignsCorrectionsContact Me

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I Love Primitive Paper Mache Boxes!

Wow, I have two posts in one week!  That's huge for me. I wanted you to see what I have been working on.  Occasionally, especially after I have just finished some big projects, I like to dabble in other areas of art.  I've always enjoyed painting but never really had the time to practice like I should.  I have been intrigued with these painted paper mache boxes I have seen at  cute little gift stores and on the internet for a while now.  Kept saying I'm going to try that....so I did.  This week I have been painting boxes like a mad woman.  I keep thinking I'll tire of it but as soon as I finish one I want to do another.
This was so much fun!  I painted, stenciled, aged, and waxed!  I was going for the primitive autumn look.  I'm sure the people at Hobby Lobby are wondering what I am doing with all those paper mache boxes.  I've been there at least 3 times this week!



Look out Hobby Lobby! I'm coming back.  I have the urge to do some Christmas Primitive boxes next.  It's a good thing I go back to work next week...otherwise my house might be filled with paper mache boxes.  I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Oh these are wonderful... I think its marvelous to have 'other' crafty talents... and I personally love to experiment..its so much fun.
    Your boxes are delightful and I love your chosen autumn colors and stencils :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete